So Many Elements!

Recently, I was (and still sort of am) going through a fantasy kick thanks to my Great NaNo Adventure, A Game of Thrones and soon-to-be premiered The Legend of Korra. (OH MAH GAWD!!! Who's seen the FIRST TWO EPISODES?!)

MeganMSmith
Several years ago, (2008 to be exact) my then-best friend and I did a joint story/roleplay about the classic four elements(pictured right with author profile in the caption). In the story, her main character was a fire wielder named Elena Cartias and mine was a water wielder named Amria Zin. Initially, the story was a sappy romance with two sets of love triangles: Elena with Zero and Peter and Phiper (side romance with Zero) Amria with Raoul, Zale and Zane. Then the main characters (Zero, Amria and Elena) had to save the world from this mad man who assumes several different aliases through out the story.

After we finished that story, we had a sequel (circa 2008-09) that took place some time after and had their children as the protagonists/antagonists: Taelin and Tatlia (Amria and Raoul) and Ari (Zero and Elena). In the sequel, the mad conqueror is back and is hell bent on taking over the world again with the help of the queen's (oh yeah, Raoul's a prince and marries Amria SPOILER ALERT) eldest daughter (Tatlia) and Taelin and Ari (along with their friends) have to finish their mothers' and fathers' war.

Now, there is a reason as to why I'm talking about this. My camp NaNo novel will be a rewritten version of this. There are things that I'm definitely going to change. Names of people are a not so main priority with a possible change of Zero's name, Elena's (if she even makes the draft) and Amria and Zero's father (SPOILER!!). Another thing is people in general: Raoul was a rapist with an Edward Cullen complex, Elena was a bimbo that smiled too much with a temper the size of jupiter with little to no fuse, Amria was a selfish brat that mimicked Bella Swan, Zane was a selfish pervert who wanted to do dirty things to Amria and the only two characters who were 'normal' was Yin Zin, the wise adoptive mother of Amria, and her lover, Lady Grey who was a madame of a whore house with a serious problem with drugs and was missing a leg.

Also, I'm an avid fan of Nickelodeon's Avatar franchise. Not gonna lie, I was a Zutara shipper... until season 3. And due to Korra's premiere tomorrow, I'm attempting to get a marathon in. I doubt I'll be able to finish it seeing as they officially air at 10am tomorrow morning where I'm at in the US, I've started from the beginning and I'm only on the fifth episode. It's refreshing to watch it. I've missed it and it also greatly effected our joint story (if I remember correctly).

Always,
Ali

P.S. Happy Triskadekaphobia day!


Comments