School and Fantasy

So, the days are dwindling down until the end of school. I have two weeks, three weeks if you count exam week.

I'm not. I only have to come to school for two hours on one day... To be honest, I have mixed feelings.

I'm over joyed that school's almost done but at the same time, I'm afraid. I have a paper to write for May 15th that I can email to my instructor, a 'this is how I have progressed in writing papers in English this semester' portfolio of three papers that's due May 11th, the fourth paper for my English class to revise (which I did and will eventually print) that's due on Friday (I'd like to get it in by Wednesday), and a Trig final. So much stuff to do and so little time!Ugh!

Tillar
In writing news, I am getting excited for Camp NaNo June. The beautiful cover on the left was created by a writing friend of mine named Anah (deviant profile is in the caption) and will serve as its official cover. As you probably well know, I'll be rewriting my joint story.

In the past few weeks, I've been trying to get inspiration from the original but a lot of the time, I just want to head desk. It's not the plot that makes me want to head desk. The skeleton plot and a few of the muscles are what I'm using. The characters just really get on my nerves. (If you want to read my rant, click here. It's the second to last paragraph.)

Anyway, I'm getting really excited for it. I have about six or seven chapters planned and, on the revision stage of the original, I'm on page 79 of 112 and it's hit eleven chapters thus far (actually, chapters ten and eleven are split up in a funky way...).

I'm a proud of myself that I stuck with something that resembles Twilight for that long... though I think when I'm done I'll have a glass of wine. Sounds like a nice 'gift' to look forward to. Well, I'm hungry and am going to get a walking taco before my Trig class.

Always,
Ali

Comments