Figment,the Copy-Lock Wars And a Little NaNo

Figment's logo
So, I'm an 'Inkie' (IP member) turned 'Figgie' (Figment member) or whatever Figment's member base is called... (I think it's Figgie... Figgy?) Anyway, earlier this month, Figment bought InkPop from HarperCollins (Someday, they will regret that decision). Many IP members--myself included--were angry with the decision.

I before the merge, I had never heard of Figment. At first, all I heard was Inkies talking about how bad Figgies were talking about us. I didn't want to deal with that and was even more furious that we were sold to a website that didn't have copy-lock and was filled with 'bad people.' Then a fellow Inkie turned Figgie named Carian, went to the site and proved all us prejudiced Inkies wrong: Figment is filled with amazing people who were excited for having more writers join their ranks.

I'm still getting used to everything... after almost a month XD. But, after almost a month, they've finally got the copy-lock, which is making every Inkie on the site excited. But all--or most at the very least--Figgies were against copy-lock from the start.

In other news, my NaNo tab should be up relatively soon. Meaning, I have my NaNo novel planned for this year. Thank you, Ready, Set, Novel! As of now, it'll be pretty bare for this year (2012) but, once November starts to get closer, I'll start to fill stuff in. Gah! I'm getting PUMPED!

Always,
Ali

Comments