News from the Other World

Hey all its been a while hasn't it? An update on my crazy life:


I'm going back to school in the fall. Yaay me! It's been a while. Where I live, the college system is kind of... expensive. In order for me to have gotten financial aid, I would have had to go through hoops. Instead I waited until I turned 24 and reapplied for both college and financial aid.

Starting in a few weeks, I'll be going into Recreation Management--to be an Aquatic Director. It's fitting really, seeing as in the Other World, I'm a Lifegauard, Swim Instructor, Lifeguard Instructor and I just completed a Swim Instructor Trainer course in the Twin Cities last weekend.

Since I'm hoping to be an Aquatic Director, I've switched pools for experience. My main pool, the one where I've worked at for going on six years now (holy cats!), I'm still at it and my boss is now my mentor of sorts. Directing me toward useful certifications I'll need alongside my degree and other pool related things that can help me on my way. Now that I've completed my WSIT class, I'll only need my degree and a pool operator certification!

My secondary pool... I left after five years for... many reasons. I also briefly worked at an outdoor pool this summer but I've decided to mainly employ myself at one pool for now with a (interviewing on Friday) subbing job at my college's pool-especially, as noted above, I'll technically a full time student.

In writing news, I participated in the first Camp NaNo since CERULEAN/ELEMENT WAR's second draft in July of 2013. Though I was no where near completing my desired word count (30k) with DRAGON WAR, ELEMENT WAR's spiritual successor, I'm still proud of the 7.7k(is) I still got. It was the first creative writing I've done in months. Only I wish I had worked and completed EW instead. Don't get me wrong, DW was fun and I'll definitely come back--just like I'll come back to GUARDIAN HEIR. I feel like Eric's story--which is included in DW--wasn't completed in EW and I'd like to complete it before I come back.

Originally, I was going to work on EW in the fall for NaNo but, seeing as it's just shy of 24k and with school/work, I don't think I want to even try to add another 50k in 30 days while going to school. If I do, it'll be independent of NaNo and a a slightly lower word count but... We'll see.

In other writing news, my Followers Universe has been rekindled thanks to Gravity Falls... My latest guilty pleasure. Depending on how the fall goes I may end up working on PROMISE or BLOOD MOON. As of Now, BLACK CAT CURSE is still on the back burner... I don't know if the Daughters of Darkness are ready for their story to be told... Or maybe Willa's  sorry maybe told in another way... CLIFFHANGERS!

But that's my life right now. I'll try to update further come school starts.

Comments