And Now For Something Completely Different

Hello again.

I'm going to avoid the 'stalker-esque' today. I changed the name of my blog.

I started off with 'The Oldest Follower.' Why? It was a play on a supernatural universe I created. Each faction (werewolves, vampires, witches) was based off of Norse Mythological beings. Maybe some day I'll share it? Maybe...

Why did I change it? Because I don't want to associate myself with cohorts and sidekicks. I don't want to follow anyone (with the exception of fellow writers' blogs).

I want to be 'Always Ali.'

Should I officially introduce myself? I think I should. :)

I'm a college student attending a technical college in the Madison area. I'll be turning 20 on the 19th of March. I am completely in love with my boyfriend. (OH EM GEE boys) I have been writing since middle school and I've been making a living guarding over the lives of small children and swimmers for the past year and a half. (I've made one save, and it was exhilarating)

I'd say that Rowling is my favourite author but she's not alone. Over the weekend I was reintroduced to another literary genius: Tolkien. My mother was the original Tolkien generation. She read all the books and, when Fellowship of the Ring hit theaters in '01, we--my brother, mother and I--sat in a small crowded theater to watch the magnificent world that is Middle Earth. Rowling's first greatest literary achievements finished in '07 but I plan on reading Harry's wonderful adventure to my children some day and maybe the love for Hogwarts will transcend time like Tolkien's Middle Earth.

I want to make that. I want to make my make-believe world transcend time. Have parents, children and grandchildren flock to my world like Tolkien's and Rowling's. That is my dream.

And you better bet I'll die trying.

Always,
Ali

Comments