The Liebster Award





So I found this on a few blogs I'm following and I'm proud to say I'm finally apart of this. This honour was bestowed upon me by Lyssa and Hanah from Poison and Tea.




THE RULES
  1. Post the award on your blog.
  2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
  3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
  4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
  5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.

The Facts
  1. I suck at updating my blog.
  2. I like knitting--it's a great way to battle writer's block.
  3. I have a cat named Leonardo de Lionheart.
  4. I take honey in my tea--to me, sugar in hot tea is sacrilege
  5. I prefer tea over coffee.
  6. I live in a part of the U.S. where 50 degrees is shorts weather.
  7. I like to put in symbolism in my writing--not every word has meaning but certain things/names have meanings. 
  8. I love love love Hayao Miyazaki. 
  9. I also love to play video games--I've got an xbox 360, a nintendo game cube and I used to play World of Warcraft.
  10. My favourite colours are purple and green.
  11. I dressed up as Samurai Delicatessen for a school project.

The Answers
1. Which book/s would you like to see a movie of?
This is a tough one... It was originally Vampire Academy but well, that's already out. Maybe Frostbite and a Great and Terrible Beauty.
2. Which one do you prefer with your books: tea or coffee?
Tea. I've never been much of a coffee drinker.
3. If you could become any character from your favourite novel, who would you be?
Oh that's a tough one.... I don't particularly have a favourite novel. There are so many out there that I've read and I just can't choose.
4. Who is your number one book boyfriend?
To be honest, I've never really put any fictional characters on a pedestal like that. Not knocking anyone that does.
5. Is there a book you didn't think you'd like but ended up loving?
Nope, I try to walk into any kind of book with an open mind... sometimes I walk into it thinking they'll be great... only to be proven otherwise.
6. What does your dream library look like?
A cozy room with wooden floors and floor-to-ceiling bookshelves on two to three walls. The last wall would be an open window to a small garden filled with flowers galore. There wouldd be no desk (that's what an office is for...) instead, there would be a Persian rug, stove fireplace (with means to make tea/cocoa) and comfy chairs. Oh, there would also be a secret door to the office using a Twilight book. Why Twilight? because no one would suspect a book like Twilight to hold many secrets... crap, just ruined my secret.
7. Do you have a favourite quote? What is it?
I actually have two:

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating.” ― Simon Pegg

 And

“Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. TolkienThe Fellowship of the Ring 

I like the Simon Pegg's geek quote because let me be completely honest here. I geek out at a lot of things: Harry Potter, Dragon Age (though DAII was a huge disappointment for me), etc. I reenact and used to play Amptgard--schedule did not and does not permit me to continue the latter.

As for Tolkien. That one is kind of given. I'm a wanderer. I wander in my imagination and I almost never get lost in there.
8. If your favourite book was an ice cream flavour what would it be?
Hm... I don't have a favourite book so let's go with Neapolitan or rainbow swirl? A cornucopia of flavours!
9. What do you order your bookshelf by?
Originally, It was in alphabetical order based on Author surname then, if it related to a series (like Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings) it would be based on the book in the series (Philosopher/Sorcerer's Stone goes before Chamber of Secrets, etc.). Now It's more fitting books where I have room.
10. What is one book you could read over and over again and not get bored?
Harry Potter. Granted, I haven't gotten that far into Order of the Phoenix and that;s my least favourite book because I managed to get bored while reading it.... So that might change but so far I've yet to get bored.
11. Have you ever bought a book because the cover was cool? If yes, which book was it? If there are more, the last one.
Books one and four through six of the Vampire Academy Series. I wanted them in hardcover for my birthday.... I managed to find them pretty cheap at a thrift store, HPB and goHastings.com.



The Questions
  1. Who was your favourite author as a kid?
  2. Does that author still hold the title?
  3. Who is your favourite character? Why?
  4. Who is your least favourite character? Why?
  5. What is your favourite book you're working on? Why?
  6. What is your favourite genre of books? 
  7. If your novel was made into a movie, who would you want to direct it?
  8. Do you listen to music when you're writing? If so, who do you listen to?
  9. What was the last book you read?
  10. What is your favourite season?
  11. When you get published, what route are you going to take: traditional or self publication? 

The Nominees
Angeni at Angeni Ink
Sareh at Birds of a Writer
Raven at Carrier of the Snark
Jami at A Writer's Journey
A. Laster at Horrors, not Heroes

Comments