Book Review: Lost in Time

So I'm going to make this a lot shorter than my other reviews because I realised about 30-40 pages in, that I already read the book.

Lost in Time is told through three different perspectives: Mimi and Schuyler were narrators in the first five books and Allegra, Schuyler's mother, is Bliss's replacement while she's off finding the wolves in Wolf Pact. Mimi's plot is about bringing Kingsley back from the one of the rings of Hell (I think it's the seventh...? It's been a few years but I'm sure Gates of Paradise will refresh my memory.) Schuyler and Jack are searching for Catherine of Siena and the Gate of Promise and trying to protect them from the evil Silver Bloods. Last but not least, is Allegra and her leaving Charles, her bond mate and twin brother, for Ben, her Red Blood familiar and Schuyler's father.

I'm trying not to reread books (seeing as there are several other books that need my attention) so I'll do a quick recap of how I remember my reactions to the twists.

I wanted to slap Schuyler. Seriously. She was so strong in the first few books that she became all mushy when it came to Jack. I also grew bored with her plot at first. She and Jack were just living a simple life as newly weds. Yes, I'm happy for them but they need to find the Gate and Alexandria was getting them nowhere. Finally, when they find out it's in Cairo and are captured by Venators, was where it started to pick up. I do hope they save Dehua from Hell (at least I'm certain it's Dehua who was left there....). This was probably the first (or second) book where I started to like Mimi more. I wasn't surprised that she tried to sacrifice Oliver but I was surprised that she sacrificed herself. I was equally shocked that she and Jack switched sides! As for Allegra, I want to know what happened in Florence, as hinted by the epilogue.

As for a rating, I'd give it a four out of five. I'm definitely continuing the saga with the last book!

Comments